Typo Upgrade

I’ve finally bit the bullet and upgraded Typo to the trunk, so I can get everything up to Rails 1.1. Unfortunately, this was quite a painful process…

Normally, I track bits of software I might want to hack on in a vendor branch in subversion, and use svn_load_dirs.pl to update to new releases. This works extremely well with wordpress at work, for instance.

Sadly, svn_load_dirs.pl couldn’t cope with the typo trunk, as a directory got replaced by a symlink. Ooops. I tried working around it, but eventually, it was easier to give up and start afresh, redoing the changes I’d already made in subversion. I suppose it would have been a lot easier with SVK.

Unfortunately, a number of things haven’t caught up with the latest typo changes. In particular, the origami theme that I was using needs some loving attention. So it’s back to the default theme, “azure” for the moment, until I can spend some time on it.

Also, I couldn’t figure out how to make the google sitemaps patch work, so that’s another “gone for now” feature.

Please let me know if you spot anything else…

Update: Comments now enabled. Sorry about that.

Update#2: I’ve now fixed the comments feed a bit. It turns out that one of the migrations missed out on creating guids for all the comments…

  % ruby script/console production
  >> comments = Comment.find_all
  >> comments.reject { |c| c.guid }.each { |c| c.create_guid; c.save }

Comments are Closed