Categories
Uncategorized

subversion crash

Normally I run subversion under apache as I like being able to get at my stuff from anywhere. But recently, some upgrade has broken. I’ve now started seeing broken checkouts. This is most disconcerting. For now, I’ve switched to accessing it over the filesystem which seems to work ok. But an update on that mailing list post…

<!-more->

I’ve managed to get a stack trace. I switched to gdb 5.3 instead of the system default (6). And that managed to get me this stack trace:

#0  0x0807a015 in core_output_filter ()
#1  0x285c3c0d in logio_out_filter () from /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_logio.so
#2  0x0805d253 in chunk_filter ()
#3  0x080744c0 in ap_content_length_filter ()
#4  0x08061757 in ap_byterange_filter ()
#5  0x285d130e in expires_filter () from /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_expires.so
#6  0x2820d35d in apr_brigade_write () from /usr/local/lib/apache2/libaprutil-0.so.9
#7  0x2820d9f2 in apr_brigade_vprintf () from /usr/local/lib/apache2/libaprutil-0.so.9
#8  0x289c42b7 in send_xml () from /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so
#9  0x289c5049 in upd_change_xxx_prop () from /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so
#10 0x289da9da in change_file_prop () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#11 0x289dacae in delta_proplists () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#12 0x289db73a in update_entry () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#13 0x289db19c in delta_dirs () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#14 0x289db872 in update_entry () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#15 0x289db19c in delta_dirs () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#16 0x289db872 in update_entry () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#17 0x289db19c in delta_dirs () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#18 0x289db872 in update_entry () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#19 0x289db19c in delta_dirs () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#20 0x289db872 in update_entry () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#21 0x289db19c in delta_dirs () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#22 0x289dc31e in svn_repos_finish_report () from /usr/local/lib/libsvn_repos-1.so.0
#23 0x289c5e25 in dav_svn__update_report () from /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so
#24 0x289c79b9 in dav_svn_deliver_report () from /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so
#25 0x28615b37 in dav_method_report () from /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_dav.so
#26 0x2861719d in dav_handler () from /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_dav.so
#27 0x08065275 in ap_run_handler ()
#28 0x080656cb in ap_invoke_handler ()
#29 0x08062679 in ap_process_request ()
#30 0x0805d468 in ap_process_http_connection ()
#31 0x0806f3b5 in ap_run_process_connection ()
#32 0x0806357a in child_main ()
#33 0x08063778 in make_child ()
#34 0x08063880 in startup_children ()
#35 0x08064032 in ap_mpm_run ()
#36 0x0806a835 in main ()
#37 0x0805cef6 in _start ()

Now I need to start building debug versions of apache and subversion in order to start making some sense of that. It’s my suspicion that subversion is sending bad buckets to apache somehow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s