After picking up XML::Genx again, I reorganised my SVN repository and noticed all the other old projects in there. So I’ve started playing around with Config::Setting again. It was originally written to attempt to provide a “better solution” than a hard coded global hash for work. But it turned out that people liked having a hard coded global hash. Oh well. It may well yet turn out to be useful for some other purpose.
Regardless, it’s interesting to look inside it and see how my code has changed in the last few years. And looking back, I have this itch to change things, just make it a little better. So I’ve started working on it again. There’s no clear purpose in mind, I’m really just playing. But it’s fun! Hopefully, I’ll end up with something I can throw on CPAN.